Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Phil73805

Returning after a break

Hi all, I was a very active member a couple of years ago and have since been on a break and am now returning to astronomy...in truth I never left, I've continued to use my binoculars and PST in the meanwhile.

I was wondering the aisles in WHSmith and this months Astronomy now caught my eye and then ended up in my basket of goodies. In short, I'm back.

One other thing, I love the fact that though I've been away for a while my membership to the forums remained. Most forums would have removed me after around 6 months of no activity. I think it's because astronomers think in terms of billions (and billions) of miles and billions of years so a two year absence barely registers :)

I also love that the 'last visited' thing has me here 5 years before I was born :mad:

Hi Phil,

A very warm welcome back to the fold.

John.

Hi Phil

A warm return to SGL after a very short absence. What's a couple of years in 13.7billion?

Steve

Thanks for the words of welcome, it's nice to be back. I'm currently resisting the urge to buy a telescope again. I've had truly awful experiences with telescopes.

I'd also forgotten how frustrating astronomy in the UK can be. My binos and PST are all dressed up with nothing but clouds to look at :)

Welcome back Phil, you could always have a go at radio astronomy or emigrate?

JohnH.