Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lidl 10x50 binos

Had a look at these this afternoon, & my personal view is that I wasn't that impressed. Yes they are £13.99 but they felt cheap, didn;t like the rubber lens caps, the eyepices seem too large, the eye releif too long & yes they gave a bright image but the 3 i tried didn;t focus that well (one was cream crackered!), quality was very hit & miss. I didnl;t buy any (will stick with my old binos for the mo) & would wonder how long they would last?

As I said, a personal view....:)

The first pair I picked up appeared ok, once home they performed very well, and they are light enough for long periods of deep space work. As with any equipment, unless you are brutal, they'll remain in the same condition for years. And I like the tactile feel of the rubber too, but that could just be personal preference!

They do feel indefinably cheap. I bought a pair a year or so back and after carefully selecting them they work fine. Views are pretty good with them and its only when they are compared side by side with something a bit more swanky you can see some of the minor deficiencies (false color for instance).

I bought a pair to leve in the car cos if the car gets stolen or broken into I wont be too bothered about a pair of £14 binos but I have to say mine are fine.

I did a review sometime back comparing them with something a bit more up market becaue people do ask how they fare against 'decent' quality binos. I compared them against some Opticon Imagics and they held up quite well.

I must have got a good pair then.

I've had numerous binos over the years including two pairs that cost in the region of £150 and I have to say the Rocktrail 10x50s that I got from Lidl for £13.99 bout 3 weeks ago outperforms all of them.

Personally I love the eyerelief of these binos. I've also never had a pair that give me such clear contrasty views of the night sky. Steadying them on a fence post I could even make out the rings of Saturn.

Of course whether they last only time will tell. I had another pair with a similar rubbery coating on them that turned to into a sticky gunk after a few years.

Again, only my opinion.

Mark

Archived