My equipment case - with LIGHTS!!

Andrew*

Until now I've had two aluminium cases I needed to take out, and even then there were things that don't fit in and I've had to go back inside mid evening to get stuff. So I decided to get a case which carries everything I need for the evening. I found this in B&Q. It has a top and bottom section, and a few small sections for bits and bobs, and wheels on the bottom.

I made a wooden bracket with 1.25" and 2" holes for all my eyepieces, and room for more, so it's future-proof (hopefully!). This goes in the top section, and everything else in the bottom section.

I also put in a red LED light strip in the top, with a push-to-break switch, so it turns off when the lid closes. A bit of a bodge-job, but it works perfectly! ;)

A very neat solution for me, which I can strongly recommend.

Andrew

post-13113-133877434445_thumb.jpg

post-13113-13387743445_thumb.jpg

post-13113-133877434459_thumb.jpg

post-13113-133877434466_thumb.jpg

Nice and neat, how bright are those lamps at night?

Not overly. They're meant to be powered at 12v, but I power them off a 9v battery. The important thing is they're bright enough for finding your eyepiece/whatever in the dark

How does it cope with being wheeled around Andrew? Do the EPs etc stay put, or do they rattle about?

They rattle a little bit, but never out of their holes. I don't and wouldn't wheel it about for great lengths, also because the wheels aren't of great quality.

Very nice andrew but I think you need some more eyepieces!!

Funny you should mention that... I'm getting a binoviewer and TWO 6mm Skywatcher Ultrawide eyepieces to try out in it... :) (They were cheap)

I'm Andrew and I'm an ocularholic :mad:

Andrew

.................. so it's future-proof (hopefully!). .........................

Andrew

Brilliand idea Andrew. Future proof eh? I bet you get some more replacement ideas in a few months !!!!

Allan

Thanks John - pleasure doing business with you! :)

Brilliand idea Andrew. Future proof eh? I bet you get some more replacement ideas in a few months !!!!

Allan

I know.... binoviewing will most likely require some more holes, start with one in the middle of the large space bottom left....

Andrew

Archived