Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Schmuck..........

daz

What a putz!

Had Mr Ellis modify my Toucam which arrived back on Saturday morning.

So, thought I would spend the morning playing with K3CCD tools and reading the manual and figuring out what to do.

Went to plug the camera into the parallel port........only to find my new laptop does not have one !!!! :)

I can't believe I didn't check it had one - just assumed it would! Luckily, I *bought* it through work, so I can rectify the problem, but what a pillock!!!

I definitely think my memory is playing tricks on me.....must be my age.

Also, apologies for being off-line. Am in the middle of changing ISP, so can only catch up at work - hey, what else am I going to do... :)

Darren

P.S.

I definitely think my memory is playing tricks on me.....must be my age.

Sorry to hear that - in my last company I had a top of the range laptop... without a parallel port - they wouldn't change it for me though....

Didn't seem to think that sitting it outside in the cold and dew was appropriate for a work asset!

Boring lot.

Ant

Sorry to hear that - in my last company I had a top of the range laptop... without a parallel port - they wouldn't change it for me though....

Didn't seem to think that sitting it outside in the cold and dew was appropriate for a work asset!

Boring lot.

Ant

:)

Gaz: Yes you are correct - my only concern with this was getting the K3CCD tools to talk to the camera correctly. I don't know enough (anything!!) about the settings in K3 to know if it would make a difference.

The laptop was cheap anyway, as it was end-of-line, and one of my reports wants a new one - so a swap is being done today. His is a lower spec, but still got a 30gig HDD, and as it won't be used for processing the images, this should not be a problem :)

It does help being an IT Manager.... :)

But, this does serve as a reminder - check comptability and connections for everything to everything from everything !!!!!

Daz

Archived