Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Planetary EP

I had one of those Plossls and found it to be very, very good. I would recommend it as long as you can cope with the tiny eye relief (I couldn't). You really have to get close to the lens to see anything and I don't think I ever saw the whole field.

Personally I think it's as good or better than any ortho in the price range. I owned a much more expensive Ortho (Baader) and still, the GSO plossl was very close to it in terms of performance. The ortho will be just as short on eyerlief anyway.

Just my opinion though.

Well I ordered the 6mm plossl from Pulsar Opt but unfortunatley they have sold out of them but offered the SW Ultra wide 6mm, so I've gone for it. Hope it is OK for my scope as I'm off down to the Dorset coast in 2 weeks (nice dark skies) hopefully to get my first good view of Saturn. Thanks for all your help.

Archived