Remote control of a Skyliner 200p auto

Hi, I’m new to this site but I saw hoping to find someone that can help me. I’ve got a Skywatcher Skyliner 200p auto which has a hand control similar to a Skytrek (But not logo) used for alignment and auto tracking. I was wondering if there is a program or accessories I could use to remote control the telescope from my PC for direction or better still combined database to create a go-to capability. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I assume that you mean a Skyliner Flexitube not the solid tube version. You should take a look at this thread Skyliner Autrotracking. johninderby used a Skyliner Flexitube autotracking base and a solid tube Skyliner OTA. Scroll down to thread #19 and look at the second picture. He has a Synscan AZ handset plugged in. All you need to do is source a Synscan AZ handset and you will have full goto. Then you will be ablke to control the mount from a PC or the handset.

Peter

Thanks for your help, I had one with my Celestron Nexstar 114 which I sold to upgrade to the Skyliner flexitube 200p auto! So if I get a Synscan AZ handset and connect it to the 200p it should work?!

Paul

You can get the SynScan replacement handsets and just plug it straight in to the flextube auto's to get full goto - it even makes the tracking better apparently.

But on it's own the handset is only ten or twenty quid cheaper than a full goto AZ mount with SynScan (new prices). They are hard to source second hand cos every FT auto owner wants one lol

Archived