Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Legal position with this Ebay ad

Cornelius Varley

Interesting, the advertiser should be more professional and ensure that any item offered for auction to get the description and photo(s) actually agree.

Last week, I came across the following on ebay not Telescope Planet must point out, but "CELESTRON OR MEADE ETC 2" 30mm EYEPIECE", so I did the honourable thing and contacted the seller pointing out that it cannot be both at the same time. I got a nice sorry plus the info that it was a "SkyWatcher_Ultra_Wide_Angle_30mm_Eyepiece_2".

It appears that on eBay it is buyer beware........ it sold for nearly £29. The seller has a 100% record and has done nearly 300 transactions on eBay. I believe it was a genuine error from the quick and courteous response I received. I notice from the buyer feedback that he (the buyer) is happy with the Skywatcher eyepiece.

It is good that this forum is eagled eyed, as it helps us all to be aware... this has been a result

Well Done Cornelius, Telescope Planet now have on their advert on eBay the following entry.....

THANKS TO STARGAZERS LOUNGE FOR POINTING OUT OUR MISTAKE CALL US AND WE WILL DO YOU A DEAL

Adrian

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it now seems that the reply that Cornelius received saying that it was an EQ5 has now changed to be a EQ3

I have received a reply to my query, the sale is genuine. 150P/EQ5. Which is a bargin for anyone thinking of buying an EQ5 mount, you get a telescope thrown in for free.

Peter

The updated eBay ad heading now reads

"Skywatcher 150p Parabolic Telescope - EQ3- Mount/Tripod"

Archived