SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kielder Newbie - Many Thanks

Hi Folks...

I just want to send a big set of Thanks to Dave, Ken from Jarrow and Peter. These 3 took me under their wing when I arrived at the Kielder Starcamp. My mate couldnt make it and these 3 gave me a crash course on what to do.... from trying to set up my scope.... showing me their set ups and encouraging me throughout the weekend. What was looking a bit of a daunting weekend turned out to be the best weekend Stargazing that I have had (i've only ever done 1..... but you get my drift).

Also big thanks to all the other people I didnt know, who made me feel so welcome. Lynn et all.... Thank You for a cracking weekend.

Hi Dave,

Yep. It was an event not to be missed. Which unfortunately many did. By far the best observing week Kielder has seen. How did you get on with the cold ? -11*C was reported Wed night Thurs morning.

Along with the weather it was also the most chiiled out I can remember. Must have been so many tired observers couldn't work up the energy to make a noise. Apart from the meals the local pub did very badly out of us this time round.

The event's main organisors, Lynn and Kev, played a blinder. Met every one and ensured things went smoothly. Thanks to them and a few others behind the scenes who helped out.

Roll on Autumn.

Dave.

I was fine with the weather..... but it was the first time I have slept in a tent with 3 pairs of socks on....Long Johns....jogging pants.... thermal top..... t shirt..... then another t shirt....... scarf on.....and then wooly hat for good measure.....

What a great sleep I had........ well, I would have....if the bloke in the next tent hadn't snored all night.....

You know who you are ;)

Ahhhhh. The phantom snorer.

There was a belting snore on the river side near the toilet block. Truly gold medal stuff.

I'm told, although I don't believe it, I am horrendous, by my dearly beloved. I have the bruises on my arm to prove it. She said even Bach at volume 8 on her ipod couldn't drown it out. GET IN !!!!

Last spring I awoke to see her head poking out the sleeping bag with wads of toilet roll stuffed in her ears !! Hysterical.

I believe I can snore on my back, sides and front. Not too shabby.

Hehehe,

Andy.

Jarralad, I dont think i'll make the October one as it holiday time - Kenyan Safari Time.... I will keep in touch tho... and hopefully show my face over at the meetings. And I heard something about a Starcamp in Aug - Scarboro neck of the wood......

Archived