SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Build your own SKYnyx !!!

beamish

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what is essentially a Skynyx 2-0m, £240 is indeed v nice

I have the 2-1 and a 2-0 myself already, for this amount, it's worth setting up a parallel imaging rig (solar) to manage Cak and H-A at the same time (Cak with the modded PST/H-A with the SV50)

hmm...

LOL I thought you said it was for a mate ??? :mad:

It is... well it may still be...well erm...

I have a few Lumenera cams at the mo...but they are on loan for a project (barring one or two, which are now mine)

At this price, it solves a little setup issue for me too...hmm

• 6 years later...
Just now, Daz69 said:

I guess it would depend on whether the USB socket on the circuit board is wired for power or just the image.

Indeed that would be logical.  I'm pretty sure it runs off USB, so is there any benefit to using a power lead at the same time?  And I'm curious, what is the purpose of the powering it if it derives its power from the USB?

Thanks.

Just now, tooth_dr said:

Indeed that would be logical.  I'm pretty sure it runs off USB, so is there any benefit to using a power lead at the same time?  And I'm curious, what is the purpose of the powering it if it derives its power from the USB?

Thanks.

Again, I would say that unless you use a shielded USB cable, the power lead inside the USB cable could (will?) cause interference with the images. It's not my field I'm afraid, but I do know that power cables do interfere with signal leads unless they are shielded. 

Archived