Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TAL-2 Motor Replacement

Hello everybody!!!

I need some help...i'm trying to get a new motor for my old TAL-2 mount...where should i ask??? No response from Novosibirsk...any idea? Any help should be very appreciated!!!!

Adolfo.

Hi Ady, if you try posting the question on the SGL TAL users group forum

Stargazers Lounge - Tal Users Group

AndyH who posts on there is very knowledgeable about the TAL factory and has bought stuff directly from them, he's your best bet for an answer to your problem. ;)

He also posts on here too, so the word "TAL" in your topic heading will no doubt draw him to it :)

Also try the Tal group on Yahoo. It has been quiet of late, but I believe a chap there from the US got hold of a replacement motor from the factory for a tiny price, even allowing for p+p and duties etc.

Who are you contacting in Novosibirsk? They've always responded pretty quickly to me and others. You want to speak to Yuri Elovenko, uran@npz.spektr.siberia.net

Don't forget they're 6 hours ahead of us and don't work/respond on weekends.

Use plain English with as little 'slang' as possible. Also let him know the mount you need a new motor (Russians call them 'engines')for is the MT-2S. He'll want to know if it's the complete motor/gearbox assembly needed or just the gearbox or motor. Attaching pictures helps stop problems with the language barrier.

I've found that usually it's the motor gearbox that goes. The synchro motor is very robust and should last a very long time. Longer than modern stepper motor types.

If you want, join the Tal User Group on Stargazers Lounge. Lots of resources hidden in the pages and folks that can help. Link at the botttom of my sig line.

Any problems, no matter how trivial, let me know.

Cheers,

Andy.

I seem to be drawn like a moth to a flame to Headings with the word 'Tal' in them. Sigh.

Small items, he(Yuri Elovenko) sends himself, via Russia Post. So don't expect next day service. Tal/npz aren't set up for that. My stepper motor(not incl gearbox) replacement cost 200roubles($7.5) and 400roubles($15) for postage.

It's always an opportunity to get other low price/weight items at the same time. So much stuff isn't brought in anymore by the importers.

Pricelist - http://www.npzoptics.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=14983

I've managed to translate most/all of it, by cutting and pasting words to bablefish.

Cheers,

Andy.

ps: my stuff got through customs untouched. You'll probably go on the MI5/CIA watch list, according to my Dad. Auld git.........

Wow, thanks to all for the quick and really valuable replies!!!!!

AndyH, i tried the mails given on the Novosibirsk web sites, maybe outdated...i will try right now the one you gave me. I'd contact mr Elovenko some minutes ago...and i will join the Tal Group too!!!!.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Cheers,

Adolfo.

Archived