Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi again...

Tantalus

Haven't been on the forum for a while for personal reasons, but even during my absence I couldn't escape my love astronomy and now I'm returning to the hobby with a newfound verve and a desire to learn more.

My trusty old TAL1 unfortunately fell victim to a serious fire (one of the reasons for my absence) but now I have a new scope and I'm ready to roll.

So Hi again to you all, and hope you'll welcome me back into the fold:o

Welcome back ! ;)

I feel for you. Sometimes life can deal anyone a carp hand.

Just hope that important things, like you and yours, weren't hurt in the fire.

So, what's the new 'scope?

Welcome back ! :)

I feel for you. Sometimes life can deal anyone a carp hand.

Just hope that important things, like you and yours, weren't hurt in the fire.

So, what's the new 'scope?

Thankfully no-one was hurt in the fire, but the important thing, the scope, was...;) (...only joking!)

My 'new' scope is a second-hand 120mm f8 Helios refractor that I came across locally, and had been well looked-after. It'll do me until I can afford one of those 50" monsters :)

Thanks for the welcome guys. :D

Hi from me too - I have had two housefires in my time - one not so serious the other truly horrendous as all my family pictures, wedding album, pictures of the kids growing up were all wiped out ;) so I can truly sympathise with you.

Archived