Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

keef_uk

eBay remote timer - any good?

Yup - they're good. I have one myself and wouldn't be without it.

Andrew

I have a cheapo shutter release cable for my Canon 450D. Its non-programable.

Cost me about the same as this one.

Where is my credit card!!!! cuz i have seen similar for sale for twice the cost.

I'd like one of these.

I'll second all these commments. I've got a similar one for my Canon 400D and it's absolutely brilliant for doing a series of long exposures.

The biggest problem I have is the camera battery running out of juice, particularly on a cold night. Last night night it packed up after around 15 x 4 minute exposures. I guess they're not designed for the heavy continuous use which we demand. Any solutions?

Edited by lukebl

I have one for my 300D and it works very well indeed. Check that the one you are buying has the correct plug for your camera, the one shown has the wrong plug for the 300D for example!

I have something similar for my 450d... superb value for money.

As for the battery... my official Canon battery is good for 3 to 4 hours of 5 minute subs.. the cheapy ebay battery is good for about 1 to 1.5 hours, but the Canon one charges up in that time... The other option is the Astronomiser battery eliminator...

I've got the same controller, although in 1000D form. Haven't used it under the stars yet, but experimented in daylight, looks great to me.

I have that one, bought from pixlamb (the seller in the ebay ad). Wouldn't be without it.

Thanks for the battery advice, guys. I'll look into the battery grip.