SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Downtime Tonight

Hi all,

Following the recent decline in site performance, especially during peak hours we are performing a major upgrade to the backend of the site this evening. We are moving to a virtual dedicated hosting system which will allow us to expand in the future as neccessary to ensure the site remains fast and responsive at all times.

This upgrade is thanks entirely to our sponsor First Light Optics and we thank them for their kind generosity. Without them the site literally would not function! ;)

The site will be offline sometime this evening for a reasonable period of time. The exact time and duration is unknown at present but I will update as far in advance as I can before the work starts.

Kindest Regards,

Grant

Thanks for the warning (I might get some epsodes of "Cosmos" watched then) and I hope it goes well. Thanks for all the effort you folks put in ;)

Many thanks as well to FLO for the sponsorship of the forum :)

An update on this - the work has been postponed until late tomorrow evening. The server isn't quite ready yet and I would like to perform some testing on it before jumping across so this will give me opportunity to do some thorough testing tomorrow during the day.

Apologies for any inconvenience - early night tonight I think because tomorrow will be a late one!! ;)

Hi - can you check the timestamp you are seeing now please? It should be correct.

Also, the site may go down for 5 minutes in the next few minutes as the server goes through a reboot to enable backups....

I keep getting an error message when I try to start a thread mate.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /home/stargaze/public_html/includes/functions_search.php on line 196

To Grant and the other admins,

Thank-you ! ;)

Thanks to the mods as well. :)

Unsung heroes all. I just don't want to imagine the amount of work involved in keeping it all running smoothly... <shudder!>

And not forgetting FLO, for the sponsorship. :)

Archived