SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ian King Imaging

NickH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to do a quick review of Ian King Imaging. I've used Ianking a few times for scopes and accessories etc and he has always given great service. But i want to go further a give an example of excellent service.

Just the other day i was mulling over buying either a dual bar mount to hold an additional guidescope, i was also considering looking at Skywatchers guidscope mounting bracket, each costing around the £130 mark. So i phoned ian to ask his advice between the 2 products.

Ian took the time and patience to talk to me to understand my setup, and then he stated something very obvious, and suggested that instead of buying any additional mounting accessories, he advised that my guide scope rings would bolt directly on to the top of rings holding my main scope.

Sure enough, with a tiny mod to the dovetail on my guide scope by drilling a single hole into the bar i was able to attach directly to the M6 screw fittings on my Ikharus 102mm rings.

For a supplier to advise on how to solve the problem for free, when they could have sold me something instead, then i have to take my hat off to them for giving such astounding service (Which saved me £130).

Top Marks All round as usual for Ianking Imaging

Rich.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I decided to buy a Tak 106 and Ian took me through the whole process and advised all the way.

He spent lots of time on emails and sending ideas and advice for my set up for AP with a DSLR.

Really helpful, deliveries arrived when expected and I cannot recommend highly enough.

Nothing too much trouble.

Velvet

(Sheila)

• 4 months later...

I placed an order with Ian King Imaging on his website for a 2" Lunt solar wedge on the 27th Jan which was acknowledged immediately be email. Ian informed me by email on the 29th Jan that he was waiting for delivery of the next batch which would take a week and the wedge would be dispatched immediately. As promised no money was taken from my account whilst awaiting delivery. The wedge was dispatched on the 5th Feb and Ian sent me an email confirming dispatch and debiting my account.

By 11th Feb the wedge had not turned up so I sent Ian an email and got an auto response that they were not due to re-open until the 13th Feb as they were at the UK Astrofest. No panic as Ian emailed back shortly afterwards saying that the had checked with the courier UK Mail and that they were having problems finding my address. Checking UK Mails website with the tracking number that Ian gave me suggested that UK Mail had tried to deliver on two occasions and had left cards. Unfortunately UK Mails information was not true as on both the dates they said they tried to deliver I was in and no cards had been left. Because I live out in the sticks couriers sometimes have trouble finding my address, but I have found on numerous past occasions that UK Mail (and City-Link) are useless and show on their tracking websites information that they have tried to deliver which I would not consider to be correct. Ian obtained the address of UK Mails local depot for me and I collected the wedge later that evening of the 11th Feb although it took them 15 minutes to eventually find the package.

It was also a good job that Ian had well packed the wedge as the outside box had seen some rough handling. Thankfully everything inside was okay.

To sum up a good service from Ian King Imaging. Prompt communication, didn't debit my account until he had dispatched the goods, dispatched when he said he would, immediately responded to my queries and sound packaging of an optical instrument. Unfortunately the downside was the courier. Funnily enough the UK Mail courier turned up two days later to deliver the package but said the bad news was he couldn't find it on his van. I wonder why!!

However, I would have no problem with ordering from Ian again.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I've used Ian King Imaging a couple of time for high value (to me anyway) items. I bought a Lunt L60 off him in July. Not only was he cheaper (by a couple of £hundred in one case) han anyone else, he was quick to answer any questions that I had. Delivery was within a week even though he said that it might take 2 weeks.

My latest purchase was of an Atik 428Ex, Xagyl filterwheel and filters. I ordered the kit on Monday and had it on Friday, which was within the timescales that Ian indicated.

Based on these experiences I would trust this retailer absolutely. Highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

I have in the past ordered various items for Astro imaging from Ian, and the service and customer support I received was second to none. Now I must tell you all of another triumph. Ian King is now providing an observatory build service. Three weeks ago after months and months of stress from Alexander's Observatories, (see previous supplier review) I ordered a BESPOKE 12x20 foot electric roll off roof observatory with built in warm room and 2 x Astro engineering piers for my scopes. Last week the guys turned up at my site and a few days later I have an amazing observatory that is a home for my pier mounted Meade LX200 14 inch. I would just like to thank Ian and the guys that came to build my observatory Dave and Cliff that turned up in pretty bad weather conditions to complete the build. It was a pleasure supplying the "bacon butties"......You are all stars.!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have used Ian 3 times now for purchasing Lunt products. He delivered my LS60T within the 2 weeks he promised, it was about 10 days in fact. My Heshel wedge came even quicker. Then last week I ordered a LS60 ha double stack filter. The price he quoted was much cheaper than anywhere else, and although he did not have it in stock, he reckoned on about 10 days to 2 weeks. I had my new filter in my hands in a week.

Ian is a pleasure to deal with and I will continue to use him for any Lunt accessories I may need.

Got the final part of my recent order through a couple of days back. Ordered 460, filter wheel and filters and Ian was quick to reply to my questions and happy to delay delivery for a few days to make things easier for me. The one filter that was out of stock turned up a few days later. Very competitive price and great service. I just need to think of something else to buy now. Wouldn't hesitate to use Ian again.

• 1 month later...

Thumbs up from me.

Ordered online, straightforward.

Got a personal email the next day saying it had been dispatched.

Arrived 24hrs later.

Asked a question about an unrelated item and got an answer straightaway.

No fuss, good service.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had cause to look for a new mount. I phoned Ian and spoke to him at length about the various options. He was happy to spend time on the phone and talk me through options - He never tried to hurry me up. The fact that I could speak to him on the phone was really important to me. He also responded very quickly to emails as I had a few other things to ask.

I ordered the mount from Ian, but sadly he didn't have it in stock. He advised me that it would be quicker if I got the mount directly from the supplier rather then wait for his stock and him to send it out.

He told me that the mount would be dispatched from Italy on the 29th August. The 30th of August arrived and so did the mount - It had taken one day from Italy.

I paid £50 for deliver, which I think was a very reasonable price to Spain.

I will always return to Ian for purchases wherever possible for the following reasons.

1) He's honest and up front. He won't try to sell you stuff that you don't need or is not suitable.

2) He's at the end of a phone and is willing to spend the time needed to help with your purchase.

3) His despatch is excellent - Generally next day

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered a new SX filterwheel and filters from Ian on Tuesday afternoon. I picked his brains on a number of things, and as always, his advice is freely given. The kit arrived exactly when he said it would and in good order.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending Ian King. Top bloke, excellent advice and he delivers exactly when he says he will

• 1 year later...

It's been three years and 3 months since I last purchased a telescope. I've hankered for something that would last and be of better build quality than the Synta / Celestron kit.

After a numerous emailed questions to Ian King, I purchased the scope of a lifetime. 

Ian was patient, responded to my questions and made it easy for me to do business with him; as it's my first time with a Takahashi, Ian kindly fitted the vixen plate to the clamp for me, so I just need to attach the scope and then bolt the kit to the incoming Porta Mount.

Delivery was free and arranged to suit a day when I am working from home.

Highly recommended and a pleasure to do business with.

Am so looking forward to Friday nights at Seething.

Chris

post-13811-0-17163600-1437041285_thumb.j

Archived