Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ian King Imaging

NickH

I just wanted to say that in the years I have been purchasing equipment from UK suppliers, and this is a personal opinion based on my own private purchases...that all of the above, along with a few more such as Venturescope and SCS, but regularly those listed above, have delivered excellent help/support/advice and prices. They are a credit to the industry, and should be heartily supported where possible

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just like to say thanks to Ian for the help of my purchase of two WO Swan eyepieces.

I ordered them at 4 P.M. on wednesday, and recieved them at 10 a.m. the following day. :headbang:

Now thats exellent service.

Cheers, Mark.

• 4 weeks later...

Got to say Ian is not only very knowledgable but also very helpful and straightforward in his dealings. He soon had the stuff I needed and at reasonable prices.

Give Ian a try - five star service!!

Its not often I write a supplier review for anyone, but I would just like to thank Ian King for helping me lighten my wallet over the Easter weekend, even replying to my many emails when he should have been decorating his living room :)

Ordered on Tuesday (when he was still actually closed), sent Wednesday, arrived Thursday... I couldnt be happier!

Many thanks to Ian for his rapid response I ordered a Lakeside Motor Focus Controller and two motors and mounting plates for my TMB and 8" Altair Astro Newt. The bracket for the TMB was in stock but the Newt had to have a custom bracket made. I ordered on the Monday afternoon before the Bank Holiday and it was delevered by Saturday as promised. I had a an issue with the bracket for the Newt and Peter from Lakeside was most helpful allowing me to modify the bracket and in the mean time offered to send out a replacement.

Great service and many thanks

Regards

Kevin

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Excellent service from both FLO and Ian King Imaging.

Many thanks to Martin from FLO who put up with my impatience whilst waiting for the Moonlite to arrive from the states (it arrived today). Always polite and friendly even when they were neck deep in Stargazing LIVE orders :)

Also really pleased with the service from Ian. I ordered a Lakeside Motor focuser on Sat Jan 1st and had it in my hands by Wed 5th.

The result:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=4u64.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I wanted a motorised Moonlite for my MN190. I emailed around, and everyone told me they would have to order. Since they meant the same sort of wait from every supplier, I decided to go with Ian King.

I spoke to Ian on the phone, and was immediately struck by what a friendly, helpful chap he is. I didn't feel rushed, or that I was wasting his time, and I wasn't made to feel silly for some pretty daft questions.

He explained that the focuser needed to be ordered for me, took my credit card details but told me my card wouldn't be charged until the goods arrived with him and were dispatched.

True to his word, my account remained untouched until the end of this week, and my focuser arrived on Friday, just in time for me to install it this weekend.

Best of all, communication with Ian was first rate. Several suppliers are lacking in this respect, but Mr King responded to every email I sent, keeping me informed about my order at all times.

I will definitely be calling Ian King again in the future, and would recommend every give them a try.

Thanks, Ian.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note to say thanks for the help and advice given by Ian over the purchase of cooled CCD kit. Helpful, polite and emails returned very promptly 10/10... Doubtless will be back (this hobby is like that) :)

Francis

• 6 months later...

I ordered a few items at Astrofest from Ian King, Ian informed me that they would be sent out the week after Astrofest. End of second week I had to ring Ian King and see what was happening as I had heard nothing to date. Was told the telescope was coming from China (I think) and everything would be shipped out together. My parcel arrived at the begining of March with a note saying the Binoviewers would arrive shortly, these did not arrive until the 18th of March. It would have been nice if Ian had told me there was going to be a delay, did not heard anything from him at all. Other members of this forum have told me he does a good job, maybe this was an one off bad affair?

• 2 weeks later...

A first time user of Ian I have to say my first impressions were not the best due to making an order early in the day only to be told after closing hours I'd have an almost 2 week wait before he'd be back in the office and dispatch of my item could take place. Needless to say I had my concerns to whether payment was being processed (leaving me unable to purchase the same item from another source) and the now lack of communication didn't help confirm this. Seeing clear skies only aggravated my disappointment but none the less when communications re-opened after the informed delay Ian was very apologetic and the item dispatched promptly along with a gesture of good will to accommodate for previous miscommunication between us. I guess we have to accept when internet shopping there will be times like these but it is always nice to know that internet based companies such as Ian King Imaging don't take it for granted and offer there sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused when things do go wrong.

Other than an unfortunate case of bad timing I would thank Ian for the service provided and see no reason why I would not recommend him to others in the future.

• 1 month later...

I've recently had the great pleasure of using Ian King.

I was looking for an Atik CCD/EFW2 and Baader LRGB Filter package and some advise on my setup regards spacing and adapters.

Ian responded to my request very promptly and we exchanged several emails and calls before I placed the order. This arrived the following day.

Unfortunately one of the LRGB seals where broken and the filter was missing. I contacted Ian who apologised for the mistake and arranged a complete new LRGB set to be shipped and the originals collected for return at a later date. Again this was done over the next few working business days.

So in summary, a great guy to deal with exceptional service, and when things do go wrong as they sometimes do, quickly resolves the problem.

5 star.

• 3 weeks later...

I placed an order with Ian King at 15:35 Friday and its been delivered at 11:00 next day !!!

That I believe is a new record for me !!! big thumbs up from me for Ian King

Im now ready to install my lakeside on the stock evostar focuser.

I have bought several bits of kit from Ian and always found him knowledgable and helpfull and willing to chat.

Also when he says he's got something in stock he really has :laugh:

Davey-T

Recently I had it in mind to buy a WO Triplet from Ian King. When I explained why (I thought) I needed it, Ian said that it really wasn't necessary by virtue of the WO ZS80 (doublet) and LX90 8" I already had in combination with an Atik 314L+ mono. When I said that he had just talked himself out of a £1,500 sale he said - rather that than I buy something I don't need! There aren't that many businessmen/traders around today who could be expected to be that honest. As a consequence I cannot recommend Ian more highly - definitely a first class person to do business with.

Yours aye

Recently I had it in mind to buy a WO Triplet from Ian King. When I explained why (I thought) I needed it, Ian said that it really wasn't necessary by virtue of the WO ZS80 (doublet) and LX90 8" I already had in combination with an Atik 314L+ mono. When I said that he had just talked himself out of a £1,500 sale he said - rather that than I buy something I don't need! There aren't that many businessmen/traders around today who could be expected to be that honest. As a consequence I cannot recommend Ian more highly - definitely a first class person to do business with.

Yours aye

Archived