Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The best way to view Mars...

FLO

James, lining the dew will certainly help with light scatter. Plus you've probably got a real one too. My 80 and 120 f5 were crackers. The 102 and 150 were not. Just the way it goes.

Russ

I've had the lot and the only stinker was the 150, I don't think it was a bad example - I just don't think a 'cheap' doublet that size can be made without a lot of CA showing.

Youre right russ about them not being planetary scopes, not just for the CA but for the lenghts you had to go to to get high mags. It didn't suit my observing habits at all, I seem to like to start and end a session with 10 mins on a planet where possible. Don't know why, it's just a habit I've gotten into!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never been drunk in my life Coppa :)

Thanks Gaz i will give em a Bash next time out wont be tonight or this week as i am full of Flu :?..

16 filters good god that will keep ya busy Gaz just hope theres a clear skies filter in there!!!

James :)

Gaz, i've been meaning to ask you this for ages but haven't plucked up the courage, especially after you said the 150 was the worst scope you've owned. But i'm pretty sure i sold you that scope. Was it a Helios 150 Startravel with an Antares 50mm right angle finder and 2" diagonal?

If so, i'm really really sorry matey!!!

Russ

By the time you finish reading this sentence, you'll be 25 miles closer to the planet Mars.

I have been repeatedly reading this post non stop for 3 days now and i still can't see it.

By your calculations it should be sitting on my front door step.

SO WHERE IS IT ?

Sorry i had to .

:) :lol:No russ, mine came a bog standard with no RACI. The ironic part about the whole thing is that I actually put a 'wanted' ad on Buy'n'Sell to get it!!

Gaz, I'm sure we've bought something from each other but i can't think what now. As soon as you joined i new we had, convinced myself it was the 150. So glad it wasn't :)

Russ

:) :lol:No russ, mine came a bog standard with no RACI. The ironic part about the whole thing is that I actually put a 'wanted' ad on Buy'n'Sell to get it!!

Gaz, I'm sure we've bought something from each other but i can't think what now. As soon as you joined i new we had, convinced myself it was the 150. So glad it wasn't :)

Russ

Now you come to mention it.....there WAS some shyster who flogged me a 127mm Mak when I first joined..... :)

I'm pretty good with names and yours wasn't familar when I paid you the Paypal money.

By the time you finish reading this sentence, you'll be 25 miles closer to the planet Mars.

I have been repeatedly reading this post non stop for 3 days now and i still can't see it.

By your calculations it should be sitting on my front door step.

SO WHERE IS IT ?

Sorry i had to .

What!!!  After all my efforts you still missed it!!!!!!

Archived