Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just can win with the weather!!!

stevewell

What's with our rubbish weather ?, our club (Ashford, Kent) just bough a Coronado PST so we could at least do some daytime astronomy when the nights are not clear, it arrived yesterday and the forecast every day through to the weekend is rain/cloud/etc it's soooooooooooooooo frustrating !!!!!, :headbang: , the last year has been the worst for weather.

What's with our rubbish weather ?, our club (Ashford, Kent) just bough a Coronado PST
Says it all. About one week of cloud per £100 spent.

There is an unusual grey colouration to the sky here today - like porage but less lumpy - not at all the deep blue which has been normal for a week. Must hunt out whoever has been buying kit in this neck of the woods & get the local paramilitaries to have a word with them :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Same story with me - the last properly clear night I had was 3 weeks ago, I'd been shooting bikes at Brands Hatch in freezing temperatures all day and was too cream crackered to take advantage. I did get a bit of observing done about a week ago, but some high cloud rolled in and spoiled it.

No change forecast for the next 5 days!!

Met office suggesting thursday night may be clearer but not holding out hope - yet to get first light on the Skyliner 200p I bought from Starflyer at the weekend - so may be my fault the Oxfordshire area's cloudy, sorry!

I've just got back to my scope since Christmas, it's the perfect night; moon's hidden from view, barely above the horizon, little cloud on satellite, no light pollution (Cornwall) and a tiny little cloud just covering my viewing area :(

Just spent the last couple of hours out under very clear skies here in S. Wales after nearly two weeks of clag. Little wisps of low cloud moving quickly but nothing has got in my way yet. The moon is hidden behind my neighbour's house but is just beginning to drown out the feinter stuff.

In for a break then back out to stare at the moon. Hope everyone else is as fortunate.

Dave

I can say i had a great night! :(

M37 really wowwed me at the beginning of the night, my first real cluster! Then the moon just killed the viewing lol ahhh well, beggers cannot be choosers! :D

Anyways, just hope that we have a few more clear nights in the following weeks! :D

Eddy

Forecast for showers and cloud all week here , but that is ofcourse traditional Melbourne weather so I am not the least bit surprised :(

I got one clear night on Sat, but now it's gone to hell.

You just have to be a bit Zen about it!

There's absolutely nothing we can do, so don't let it get to you.

It makes it all the more exciting when you do finally get clear skies :)

Archived