Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Privet from Ukraine!

Steve1976

Hi there folks!

I've already gotten a lot of help from people on here in the past few weeks and I haven't even introduced myself!

So, the names Steve, I'm from Edinburgh but I'm now living in a nice wee place called Poltava in Ukraine teaching English and guitar. Been here for about 2.5 years. I'm a complete beginner to astronomy to be honest but so far I'm lovin' it! I have the Skywatcher Skymax 127 on EQ3-2 mount and my bino's are the 12x50 Nikon Action EX.

Thanks for such a great site! As I say it's already been of huge help to me!

Yeah it gets real cold in the winter over here. It's been the coldest for a while, -30 a lot of the time. Spring hasn't made an appearance here yet its still -10. I'm in one of the smaller cities in Ukraine more towards the east but still reasonably central. GREAT skies for most of spring and summer especially in the villages. Winter can also have some great skies if you can handle the cold!

Well, good to talk to you all. I will no doubt have many, many questions for everyone!

Archived