Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon450d and what other bits???

Hello

I am going to buy a Canon450d and i need to know what other bits i will need to mount it on my scopes and do i need anything else like cables,power supply,memory cards to hook up to my laptop.:headbang:

thanks for your help.

Scopes used

lx200gps 10"

Vixen A80M

Regards

Tim

Thje camera should come with the necessary software and the USB cable for the PC. Check the memory card and consider an upgrade to 2Gb if its only a 256Mb card.

To connect the camera to the scopes....

If you have a 2" focuser then I'd go for the 2">EOS adaptor. This connects to the front of the camera body and the nosepiece end just slides into the focuser like an eyepiece. The 2" size reduces the vignetting ( edge darking) caused by too small an adaptor.

As an alternative you could use a 2" > T thread adaptor plus an EOS T2 adaptor ring; when these are mounted together you get a similar connection to the scope.

A remote shutter cable is a definate must have... the TC80 type with the stereo plug will help enormously.

That's about it for starters.....

Ken

Tim, I use the MaxDSLR adapter with my 450d. The timer remote I have from ebay does the job nicely. Although it you want to shoot tethered then the time remote may not be necessary. There are a couple of options I'm aware of, Canon has the EOS utility, but doesn't allow you to use mirror lockup or self timer. There's also the Astro Photography Tool (search on here, but I think it's in the DIY section), again it doesn't work with mirror lockup. If you're going to shoot tethered, then you'll probably be ok without a larger card. I normally use a 2Gb card for astro use.

Ok Thanks John

I have Maxim dl 5 pro and i can load up Maxim dslr as well if needed.

I am now going on a mission to find the other bits you mentioned because i really cant wait to get down the shops lol.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Tim

hAAAHHHH its shopping time, thanks for the links John,now where can i get a cloud filter lol :headbang:

UPDATE

both items purchased,buy it now is a wonderful thing lol

I got the remote timer from a UK seller for £29.99,not the cheapest on there but at least it's not in Hong Kong.

I feel like a boy in a toy shop right now,(good feeling gone when wife see's credit card lol)

Regards

Tim

Archived