Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen GPDX MT4 motor won`t stop running!

Hi Guys. i just bought a Vixen GPDX with Skysensor 2000 PC. After initial set up I notice that the Dec motor is always running slowly,as in tracking mode. If I press stop, the motor does stop temporarilly and then resumes again. I would have thought that the motors would be stationary unless a prompt from the hand set is given?

Many thanks, Bob

I can't find my manual to confirm it, but I think that is normal. To stop it completely you have to switch the unit off. It still remembers the alignment so that you can later on continue where you left off. The stop button is to stop slewing, e.g. because you have changed your mind about the next target, or if you think the scope is about to hit the mount.

Dave

If choose LAND mode and choose 0 (LAND is in the same menu as REF STAR and Messier etc) it turns of the DEC motor (it will probably give you an error but you can ignore that). found this out at the weekend when adjusting the backlash compensation.

Thanks for the replies from yourself and Dave. You are right. The mount is supposed to keep moving. You can select Land and it will then stop. i forgot to realise that when doing the initial set up for scope position, the hand set is switched off anyway.

Great peice of kit, I can1`t wait to get it out and try it. I only bought it on Sunday.

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. I have since realised that the mount is supposed to keep traking. You are right.

By the way, I notice from your equipment list that you have a 102 fl !

Would you consider selling it? I have been looking for some time to buy one. If you want to sell it, drop me a line at inspectapart@freeuk.com

again,

Many thanks for the reply. Bob

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. By the way, I notice from your equipment list that you have a 102 fl !

Would you consider selling it?

Bob

No way, I've only just bought it (via SGL) :headbang::D:D

and yes it is a fantastic scope for the planets. I'm still to try it on the Moon.

Dave

Archived