Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What are you imaging tonight?

assouptro

Looks like it's going to be a clear one!

I have just moved the scope off the vibration suffering decking and onto the new stone circle I have "planted" in the middle of the small lawn.

I will be roughly polar aligning at dusk and then......?

What to image??

looking for some ideas for my 80mm refractor or my 12"cat.

Bryan.

ED 80...

M42/M43/NGC1977 or B33/NGC2024 or NGC2174 will all be well placed high in the south and they are rapidly disappearing westward into the lenghtening days...

How long you planning on staying out...

I'm starting an image of IC443/444 which ideally id like to get 8-9 hours of data on in the next 3 nights...

Peter...

Depending on if I can cart the gear out or not... if so, I fancy a bash at M101... but I might do a widefield of Auriga... I can't decide... It's quite blowy... so the widefield might be a better bet.

I reckon Peter is right on your best bet... Good luck.

I'm mainly sitting infront of a computer rebuilding my machine - one of the disks on my boot RAID array failed yesterday. Hopefully, the backup strategy is ok :p

I backed up 2010 Astro Data to date to a pair of Blu Ray disks...

Im watchcing my first few subs of IC443/444 roll in not a breath of wind here... but chilly... Venus was pretty spectacular and I almost came in to get the Nikon... :headbang:

Peter...

Well, I had a great (but cold) night.

I started off imaging Mars, then set up an imaging run of M44 while I went inside to watch the new Brian Cox series on the solar system (very good). Then I took a second set of subs of M44 (with CLS filter). Next I set the camera off collecting darks whilst I imaged Saturn with my Toucam Pro II. I closed up the roof and left the camera taking darks and went to bed around 1:30pm.

This morning I've come into the observatory to pack everything away and back up last night's data to 2 x DVDs.

I Got just over 3 hours on IC443-444 and 4 1/2 hours on M58 the next pane of the VSC mosaic lost an hour in the middle when I dozed off an the 1000D and Laptop decide they weren't friends anymore... was suprised to see the frost had lifted as it was a bit crisp around 3.30 am...

Looks like I might get away with another few hours tonight.. all depends on how good the cloud edge predictions are...

Peter...

Archived