SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

International Space Station coming up

I don't know about other locations but according to Heavens Above ..... Heavens-Above Home Page north east Lincolnshire has some quite exceptional visible passes of the ISS coming up over the next 10 days. They are at sensible times for family viewing (around 7 to 8 p.m.) with 2 passes each evening from tonight onwards. On 11 and 12 March it gets very bright (up to Mag -3.1) and high in the sky (over 50 degrees altitude). Weather forcast isn't too bad either.

Hey cool. Were up for a -2.4 tonight (and a -3.3 tomorrow night if it stays clear:) ). That would be a good start to this evening's obs. and it's early enough for the kids.

Thanks for reminding me about Heavensabove.

Rik

Just happened to fire up SatCe on my PDA to find the ISS was just coming into view.My six year old daughter rushed out to see a great pass,really bright and visible well to the East.I had the scope set up for later on ,and managed to get it in the finderscope ,though it didn`t reveal any detail.

The next pass at 20:16 wasn`t quite as good as it dissapeared before it reached it`s zenith.

Hmm, is hat what I saw last night around 7pm?

I saw a intensely bright object, travelling at speed 3-4 times that of a plane. It looked just like a bright white rectangle, from west to east.

Amazing sight whatever it was.

Ian

Hey, just seen the ISS for the first time tonight. It approached from the twilight west at 19:10 and passed over the top of Orion, through to the east before disappearing at 19:14. I could not believe how bright it was, and looking at it through 10x50 binos showed a little square shape I think.

I am full up with a cold, but soon got my binos and coat on to catch my 1st glimpse of the ISS. Felt better for a few mins, but now feel rough again...lol.

JonH, in the SW saw it just about overhead, path indicates it went just about directly over Truro.

It also is observable from 20:46 to 20:49 tonight.

It will be lower and starts in the SW going to S, does not actually pass over the UK but is observable from the Southern half of England.

Well, got me coat on last night with the wife and 3 year old son, he was waving and making wishes, was all our first sighting of the ISS and we all went in happy.

Just used the MK I eyeball, wonder if my scope could track this? Any software etc to do this?

Celestron CPC 800

Paul

I'm probably cursing this, but (if the link works right) next Thursday evening:

Visible Pass Details

Just the thought of this pass having clear skies will keep me awake all night!

Yup! I cursed it alright, a tropical storm in the Philipine sea is sending HUGE waves and nasty BIG cleods and STRONG winds at us. Hmm, juss typical eh? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived