Pier Base

martin_h

Postcrete sets hard in 10 mins!! and it is very expensive, especially if you are filling a large pier base hole - you don't use any aggregate with it.

I would be suspicious of its strength as well (but I'm not an expert on this matter). Ordinary concrete is much cheaper, easy to mix and sets in a couple of days - and gets much harder over time.

Postcrete is a product to make professionals lives easier when putting up garden fences - that's what you are paying for!!

Concrete is for fillin' 'oles!!

I can vouch for the strength of postcrete as im a fencer and use it daily , and its what ill be using for mine.

Its not very pliable for a smooth finish/screeding/floating but would more than suffice for filling the hole for your base and pipe.

Cost maybe an issue as its over 4 quid a bag in wickes.

Steve

Oh and you could use any big bricks you have lying about , strategically placed in the hole beforehand to save on some postcrete. Sometimes i add housebrick etc when back-filling holes at work , so i save postcrete for these types of projects.

Archived