Viewing in Lowestoft

The Sailor

My second clear night this week and it is turning out to be good. Saturn has just come over the horizon and it is just great, have never had the chance to see it before so going to be a cold night :) . I fear the moment I seen it that Mars paled :( .

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

A good few hours viewing tonight, still a learning curve and testing of equipment. Not everything is working as I want but still an enjoyable time. The old favourites, Mars and Saturn, were there to help keep the interest going. My webcam is attached not giving good enough views so will be looking for a good camera.

Jim

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've often thought of building a set up in the rear tub of my Land Rover, a sort of go anywhere observatory, just park up, pull off the tilt and start observing. In fact, I'm off to a Land Rover gathering in June and am probably expected to take at least 1 telescope with me, so perhaps I should start planning the mobile obsy now.......

Oh God, no don't start me off, been bad enough building a pier without going mobile. You had me thinking of how you would level the system on your vehicle and that in turn made me think of a Ford Transit hoist which has outriggers which stabilize and level the vehicle. I am stoppping this thought as I can see problems ahead :);) .

Jim

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived