Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42

Kain

Just seen M42 for the first time :laugh::wink:!!

Woke up at 4.30 especally to see it lol. However I couldn't well bang the scope down the stairs at half 4 in the morning, so I used a pair of binos!

Also have an eyeful of M45 too, which was almost at zenith!

Kain

I remember seeing M42 for the time...i know how you feel. But just wait until you turn the dob on it.....oh boy is it spectacular. The 10" should really bring out the detail in the nebulosity........it's breathtaking!

And we are definitely coming into the best time of year now. You can't beat those early mornings....so silent and so still. And the evening drawing in too. :laugh:

Russ

I think I liked M45 more so in the binos though if I'm honest, I know with the Dob though that will change.

Oh, just a thought, will I be able to see the nebulously around M45 with the Dob.

I remember when I was about 10, I saw M45 through my moms friends husbands telescope (sadly died a few years ago) I remember telling everyone at school the next day how cool it was!

Kain

• 1 month later...

I remember seeing M42 for the time...i know how you feel. But just wait until you turn the dob on it.....oh boy is it spectacular. The 10" should really bring out the detail in the nebulosity........it's breathtaking!

And we are definitely coming into the best time of year now. You can't beat those early mornings....so silent and so still. And the evening drawing in too. :rolleyes:

Russ

I totally agree with you Rus.Even thoguth i saw a faint fuzz the first and only time i saw M42.I was very excited and happy.I`ve so got to get a x2/x3 barlow on it.

And i know what you mean about the morning .As i have to get up early on thursday and friday for my BTEC bricklaying course.I could just sit outside all morning.It`s just so realaxing and beutiful.See the horizon sky as the sun rises over the horizon. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Kain.

Just saw it myself for the first time in my new telescope, not even a week after first receiving it. Saw the shape of the nebula and everything. Just stunning :shock:

Saw it best in my 10mm (100 times magnification) but couldn't get a view at 200 times either with the barlow or with my 4mm. Either they're both absolutely pants, or the mag's just too high.

Astrophethean

• 4 weeks later...

Saw it best in my 10mm (100 times magnification) but couldn't get a view at 200 times either with the barlow or with my 4mm. Either they're both absolutely pants, or the mag's just too high.

Just re-read this and thought it needed an update. They were, sure enough, both absolutely pants (compared to my fancy new EPs) and sure enough, the mag was too high. Shows how ignorant I am, trying to see M42 at 200x mag!!!

AstroPhethean

Just re-read this and thought it needed an update. They were, sure enough, both absolutely pants (compared to my fancy new EPs) and sure enough, the mag was too high. Shows how ignorant I am, trying to see M42 at 200x mag!!!

AstroPhethean

We all have to start somewhere and if we can learn from mistakes it makes it worth while making mistakes :D

RD

Archived