Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ethos 8mm Eyepiece

johnb

A couple here pvaz (10mm) and jahmanson (13mm) have them and by all accounts they are very happy with them.

They also Barlow well according to their reports on them.

I am sure they will pop by to say how good they are when they catch this thread. :)

Chris

Up I pop !

I do indeed have the 13mm Ethos and I'll just say that it's the finest eyepiece I have ever used in 25 years of astronomy. I'm seriously considering a 6mm at the moment.

Hi

Anyone have any comments on this ep

Ethos 8mm Eyepiece

Ethos 8mm Eyepiece - Telescopes UK: Telescopes & Telescope Accessories in your only London shop

Regards

John B

Hi John,

I have the 8mm Ethos since more than a year, and all I can say is awsome ! I used it very frequently for Mars and Jupiter, but also for finding small and faint deepsky objects when I was in south France last year with my 16" Lightbridge. There was an the unforgettable moment to observe the Cat's eye with it, I never saw so much details there before.

It gives decent flat viewfield, worth every euro's :). Much lighter than the 13mm, and cheeper too !

I am also considering to get the 6mm one for very good seeing conditions.

cheers,

Janos

Just bought (but not quite yet delivered ) a 13mm ethos. It all started with a 2nd hand peli case, the previous owner said it came with a spare cut out for 3 ethoses, I threw the cut out in a cupboard, but I couldn't quite get the thought out of my head.... (6,13 and 21mm:eek:)

Just bought (but not quite yet delivered ) a 13mm ethos. It all started with a 2nd hand peli case, the previous owner said it came with a spare cut out for 3 ethoses, I threw the cut out in a cupboard, but I couldn't quite get the thought out of my head.... (6,13 and 21mm:eek:)

Just think if you were into binoviewing - some of the folks on the Cloudynights seem have the full set of Ethoi x 2 for that reason :headbang:

Interestingly the 1st run of the Ethos 13 was a bit fatter than the current model. Tele Vue quickly slimmed it down when they realised that you could not easily fit 2 of them side by side in binoviewers.

I bought the Ethos 8mm EP because I was so pleased with the 13mm Ethos that I obtained last year.

When I go hunting DSOs I start with the 22mm Panoptic, switch to the 13mm and finally increase the mag to study the object with the 8mm.

Yes Ethos EPs are expensive but the views I obtain with my 10" Dob are worth every penny.

Mark

Archived