Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars 17th Sept 2005

russ

Hi all,

Last night was every good as the weathermen said it would be. I reckon the seeing was 8/10. Light pollution.....what light pollution?

I had only one target in mind...MARS!

Captured 25 avi movies. Only quickly looked at 6 so far. Not happy with the way Registax 3 is working. Seems to be including some real dodgy frames in the stacking process. Which means a manual sift of the images. Not a task to take on lightly. Sifting through 830 images is a painstaking process.

Anyway here's a couple of 'auto' stacks by Registax 3.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh and I am completely head over heels in love the Celestron C8 :) :) :o:):o:):o

Russ

Thanks all for the comments. After my initial depression, i'm pretty chuffed with the results.

And thanks to that MUG in Essex who lent the Toucam. Although he got his revenge because I grabbed for my old faithfull Baader filter only to realise I'd given it to that bloke from Essex.

Russ

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the PM.

These images are fantastic! They are the best Mars images I've seen (sorry if that offends but I haven't looked down the rest of the posts yet).

Keep up the good work.

Al.

Should I be worried about the guy from Essex? I'm not far from there!

Archived