SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Field Flattener

Coco

I don't get one thing I read here: the SW FF seems to do wonders on the Equinox ED80, however it sucks on the Onyx ED80. I have both scopes (going to sell one and keep the other...haven't decided which) and the

seem to be twin OTAS. Same focal length, same aperture same F/ratio, same FPL53 glass...how can the resilts be so different?

cheers

paulo Mesquita

• 6 years later...

Hello! I apologize in advance for raising such an old topic, but it is relevant for me. I am the owner of the Levenhuk Ra 66\400 ED telescope, it is an analogue of Sky-Watcher Equinox 66 ED or Long Perng S400M-C.
I tried to connect it with reducer-flattener WO 0.8x II, but neither with the DSLR camera and with the astronomical camera I was able to get the correct working distance - stars at corners are blurry (field curvature).

Searches led me to the this device - K1.0X-BU (FFL500-A02) Field Flattener
As it turned out, it is produced under different brands (Omegon, Sky-Watcher, Orion), but I still could not find the test results with a 66 mm f/6 telescope.
I am in doubt whether to buy it for my telescope or not.