SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2nd Galloway Star Camp

dweebostar

Due to a successful pilot event last year, myself and mike have set up an addmin group to host the event.

We are pleased to announce the "galloway dark sky event group"

2nd annual starcamp.

The event will again be at the excellent drumroamin site. www.drumroamin.co.uk . the main event is from wed 3rd nov till mon 8th nov. prices are £12 hookup, £10 non hookup,/ night.

bookings thru mike alexander . bookings open from 1st march 2010 www.gallowayastro.com .01988500594..

Basic srarcamp rules, also due to time of year. stricktly no pyro (fireworks) as set in a very rural farming location.

Any info/enquiries mail stevefoy@btinternet.com

cheers steve

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi all, we have got the grant, we will have a main day on the saturday at wigtown. hope to have three speakers, and astronomy traders, free to all but prioraty to camp residents, . i willpost more later when speakers are confirmed.

cheers steve

Excellent.

Myself and Allison will be doing everything possible to come this year.

Missed last years Autumn Kielder and the 1st Galloway one due to horrific flu that took a couple of months before I felt right.

Stunning area too, with magnificent history. Will need to day visit Threave and Calaverick(sp?) castles and Sweetheart Abbey amongst others. Wonder if Sulwath Brewery does tours? Black Galloway is always a fav of mine at beer feschts !!

Cheers,

Andy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent site, beautiful location and some clear Milky Way skies, great!

Mind to all who left on Sunday you did the right thing the storm Sunday night and all day Monday was awesome. Leslie the site owner said it was the worst she had experienced there.

Will def be booking next year.

We had a few good nights albeit a bit breezy on occasions, black eye as the dob swung round and the eyepiece was literally a piece of the eye

Best views I've had with the 12"

and the kids were great in the planetarium

We were one of the Sunday departers

Helen was not well at all Sat & Sun and did not see the light of day till Tues

We enjoyed it though

Hope we can get up next year

Steve Helen Chara & Wellington

Archived