Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Area of NGC-6888 (Cresent)

qcdougn

I just wanted to give those that use binoculars what the NGC-6888 area would look like at approx. 6x. The Cresent Nebula would be located inside the (4-star) triangular area about 35% up from the bottom-center. Of course, this is only one 25 sec. exposure. So, no nebulosity is visible. But, those that do wide field viewing may recogize the area.

Doug

Hi Daz,

Yes, you got it perfectly....VG. I was worried that it wouldn't be recognized since it was so small. Yes, basically inside that triangle is the Cresent nebula. I've imaged NGC-6888 again tonight and will process it tomorrow for posting. Then, you'll see what I mean.

Doug

Kain

The FOV is too small, but I think I'm right in saying the bright star to the top left of the picture is Sadr, the middle of the cross. Extend the line from my red circle, through Sadr and you would get to Deneb.

Archived