Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Uranium235

Set up and walk away - possible?

I managed to get out for a couple of hours last night and test it... lol... it works!

In addition I also fitted a switch that was salvaged from an old PSU (as I found crossing wires is a bit risky in terms of accidental triggering). Also Camera control pro worked a treat, its cool for automatically taking 30s subs, darks and bias - just punch in how many you want, start it, then find a comfy chair to rest those weary bones :evil6:

The only downer was the cloud.... hmmm... a black mark for the Met office...fail. :eek:

It's fun watching all the gearhead hormones kick-in.. and I'm rather mixed in my feelings about these amazing possibilities open to the average AA today...

Part of me cringes and thinks you might as well read about it all in Readers' Digest in the Dentist's waiting-room as be so automated and be watching TV while all the action happens without you.........

a kind of guilt-complex I s'pose :evil6: ...but I do appreciate those things which remove the ardure and frustrations of my clumsy engagements sofar.

..then there's the satisfaction of piecing together such a rig, as opposed to just buying off-the-shelf "solutions"... an opportunity to learn and apply other areas of newfound knowledge... it's a marvelously diverse hobby, this "stargazing" :eek:

"Diverse" is an understatement :eek: Ive found its a mix of quite a few things including: Astronomy, maths, computers, electrics, photography as well as the physical demands it can sometimes place on you (hence the need to automate things). If I get any more bright ideas, I will be sure to bring them here first :evil6: Share the knowledge, thats what I say!