sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

15 mins unguided eq6

skye at night

Hello,

This is a 400mm M51 wide shot (single) of 720 secs duration done with eq6 pro and canon 400mm at f5.6...

Had to pop inside as phone went and it 'overran' to 15 mins...

Interesting result. Some trailing i know, but still 15 mins... I think I knocked the focus after my M42 or something as it is a bit soft...

Must do this one properly some time.. always 'snatching' opportunities rather than serious plan of action.

Steve

IMG_3323_2.jpg

That's an amazing result from a run free 15Min. You ought to answer the phone more often.:evil6:

PHD couldn't have bettered that.

I find galaxies set in a wide field exciting. Just something I can't explain, sensibly that is.

Ron.:eek:

That is quite something - I didn't realise you could do something like this with a DSLR lens. Was it piggy-backed? I can't imagine how you would get the image in frame otherwise. I have enough trouble seeing anything more than a handfull of stars through my DSLR, even running LiveView through the EOS Utility software.

M.

That is quite something - I didn't realise you could do something like this with a DSLR lens. Was it piggy-backed? I can't imagine how you would get the image in frame otherwise. I have enough trouble seeing anything more than a handfull of stars through my DSLR, even running LiveView through the EOS Utility software.

M.

Just the 20da and lens on a losmandy plate on the mount...

I think the PA was (by chance) spot on as I spent only 5 minutes doing it... left it.. checked after a bit.. was still right .. so got going...

Not sure what you mean about getting image framed with dslr?!?

i dont use goto! just know where to point and manually star-hop through the lens (not easy) and lock and track...

Not done any motor tracked for over a year as I usually use a barn door type of rig...

I think i may have a 'good un'' when it comes to this eq6.

Thanks

Steve

Wow....15mins!

I'm going to have to practice getting my PA spot on!

Did u use PEC as that's almost two whole worm rotations? If not I guess u have a super tuned model!

Can't wait to see how that pentax you're thinking about sits with that....nice!

Mike

Wow....15mins!

I'm going to have to practice getting my PA spot on!

Did u use PEC as that's almost two whole worm rotations? If not I guess u have a super tuned model!

Can't wait to see how that pentax you're thinking about sits with that....nice!

Mike

Hello,

I did my own particular take on drift alignment as usual...

Quick 5 min rough align and level , centre polaris and monitor every few mins for a while and adjust to keep polaris dead centre in its circle...

I have been thinking for some time that this may be a well adjusted mount as it seems to perform well as long as PA is pretty much there.

Just to get more time to use it now!!!

Steve

Edited by skye at night