Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

(Very short) first light with 14" Dob.

The seeing was pretty poor last night, misty and plenty of clouds but as I havn't been out in a while and I had a new toy to play with I gave it a go.

As a left the Dob to cool the sky looked to be clearing up and I though it may turn into a half decent session, came back half an hour later, the mist had decended and a large cloudbank was coming in from the East. I mananged a quick look at the Ring Neb and a trawl though Cygnus before the night was brought to an abrupt end. :laugh: I dragged the scope back in doors and put out a f5 refractor on my HEQ5 just in case it cleared up later. It didn't.

Plus points are that the Dob is an easy one-man setup, my Stratus eyepieces are sharp to the edge even at f4.5 and that the scope seems optically and mechanically sound.

I'm certain that the sky must eventually clear out for you (At this moment I already have my scope outside waiting to begin with session). I'm looking forward to your future observation reports with big telescope. :laugh:

Saso

Gaz you cant beat the big guns mate my 16" F4.5 is stunning . :laugh:

You're not kidding, I had my first "proper" night out with it last night. Objects almost look like they do in LE images (minus the colour). I spent most of the night looking at globs and saying "wow!". Top night.

Archived