Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bobs Knobs..

Coco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Emailed Bob's Knobs on 21st December to check if I had the right knobs selected for my Celestron. I received an email back within an hour giving advice.

I placed the order on the same day and received them on the 4th. I received email confirmation on order placement and again when the knobs had been dispatched.

A great service....I was a bit apprehensive about ordering from the States, but it was an efficient, pleasant service. Recommended.

Ohh, and the knobs are spot-on too:icon_salut:

• 8 months later...

I ordered a set of Bob's Knobs for my MN190 (front and back) at the start of August, and received confirmation from Rob Morrow within minutes.

Unfortunately, after two weeks there had been no sign of them. I contacted Bob again, and he told me they had probably got lost in the post somewhere, and immediately sent me another set. I received those within days.

I fitted the knobs easily, and they have worked a treat ever since, making collimation in the dark much more straightforward.

Last week, I received another parcel from Bob's Knobs - the first set of knobs that had been lost since early August! I emailed Mr Morrow asking him what he would like me to do with them, and he told me I could keep them as compensation for the long wait. I thought this was exceptionally kind, since the delay wasn't his fault to begin with. I may sell them on, but to be honest, I don't want to do Robert out of any business.

Everyone on here agrees that the way a company deals with problems is the real mark of professionalism, and Bob's Knobs certainly delivered in every respect.

I cannot recommend Bob's Knobs highly enough. The product and service is nothing short of fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always used Bob's Knobs as a collimation aid on all my SCT's.

On the 8", 10" and 12" Meade Lx200 as well as a Celestron C9.25.

They do what they say on the lid - work 100% and obviously make collimating that bit safer and easier.

I recently upgraded to a CPC C11 OTA, and once again ordered a set of Bob's Knobs. The website is very clear that different models may have different screw threads (the new C11 has the metric M3 thread) so there's little chance of buying the wrong sized knobs.

When the knobs arrived, they fitted OK but with the Fastar cover plate on the secondary there was insufficient clearance between the knurled head and the surrounding plastic - you could just get your finger tips into position - with difficulty...(The notes say that the reduced clearance between the bayonet cover of the scope and the Fastar plate limit the available height...)

I raised my concern with Bob and he was fast to respond...we discussed the possible options and he agreed to make up a couple of sets of "specials" to evaluate. He sent these to me no charge.

Well, they arrived....

The M3 x 25 option worked perfectly and still gave enough clearance to fit the bayonet cover.

The head of the knobs are now clear of the Fastar cover and can easily be turned between the finger and thumb.

I couldn't ask for better service, understanding and response.

I like to thank Bob for his quick reaction and ability to develop a more robust solution to my problem (and hopefully others with a similar scope)

Well done Bob!! A great supplier to the amateur astronomer!

• 4 months later...

After patiently waiting 5 weeks for a price from Epsilon for 3 replacement secondary adjustment screws (I know your busy, but c’mon) and no response from Astroparts I dropped an email to Bob at Bob’s Knobs in the US.

Great service from these guys and I highly recommend them, Bob came back to me same day with confirmation on thumb screw sizes and after payment I received the parts I needed in 4 days! His web prices included international shipping too.

• 1 month later...

Which goes something like this; last Thursday I ordered a set of secondary collimation knobs and a set of uprated primary springs for my Lightbridge and they arrived today Wednesday. That's six days including the day of delivery with Easter taking up four of those days US to UK!

Bob emailed me to confirm the order and advise that the bits were posted and needless to say I've emailed Bob to say how pleased I am with his service.

Dave

• 1 year later...

Of all the extra kit I've bought over the years I have to say Bobs Knobs is probably the best investment I've made.

Just spent 15 minutes collimating my C8 SCT and I'm well impressed. Never had a collimation go so easily.

Cost of the knobs was very cheap, quality is excellent and customer service superb.

If you've got an SCT, I would strongly urge you to upgrade.

http://www.bobsknobs.com/

Oh and for the record I've never collimated an SCT until tonight using Polaris.

• 8 years later...

Hi 

I just wanted to give a big thumbs up for the service from Bob's Knobs direct from America.

Unfortunately there is little stock in the UK and what I needed had to be made to order. 

The communication,  attention to detail and customer service from Bob was exceptional.

Big thank you and recommendation from me 

Rapallokid.

• Like 1