Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light - Meade 5000 ED80 -M45 Single Sub

BlueAstra

Well, just had a chance to use my new scope for a widefield shot. Can now get to 3.7 deg, compared with 1 deg from my C8 SCG! Seem to be having problems with DSS processing the 10x210s subs. It always comes out with about 5 circular bands in the image. Will post in the advice section for more help. Anyway, thought I would take one sub and see how far I could process it. As usual, gone to far, but here it is anyway!

post-16060-133877426748_thumb.jpg

I think my problem was lack of correct flat frames. I was so eager to process the 10x210s I used some old flats from an ST80. Not a good idea. I've now taken time to get some proper flats and the bands have disappeared on the raw DSS image. Now time to play at processing again. Although, interestingly the circular bands were still there when I stacked the images with no darks, flats, etc, as an experiment.

Archived