SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got an ES82o N2 30mm, an ED80 DS & WO Field Flattener 0.8x II sitting waiting for 1st light. Mind you I've only got a photo tripod for that scope until I pick up an LXD75 next week.

My fingers have been (too) busy!

Really hope it's clear, been ages since we had a good clear night.

Tell me about it...Just 1 night with the scope outside would be great! Thought i was going to get out there on Weds but as soon as i lugged the Dob downstairs the clouds had started to roll in :(

Tell me about it...Just 1 night with the scope outside would be great! Thought i was going to get out there on Weds but as soon as i lugged the Dob downstairs the clouds had started to roll in :(

Still forecasted clear sat. Fingers crossed its true.

I've not been out to the farm for a while. I've bought a NEQ 6 that I would like to have a play with before SGL 8 also need to evaluate a couple of my scopes as one will have to go in favour of something with more aperture or may be not. Lets hope for some clear skies soon I only have have this weekend then I'm off on my travels again.

Anyone up for tonight forcast clear but windy Wed 6th Feb to look at and pick the best location on Cannock chase, had a visit with the head ranger and he suggested about 10 car parks to look at, with a view to getting it on the Darkskydiscovery web site?

PM me for details, I will be on the chase about 7:30 tonight if it remains clear.

Bah sorry Steve only just seen this :/ got the scope out in the back garden must admit it is a bit windy for it! Guiding holding up (just about) for 10 minute subs so not too shabby. Cannock sounds a good location although have been warned in the past about some unsociable activities/people around the Chase at night.

Bah sorry Steve only just seen this :/ got the scope out in the back garden must admit it is a bit windy for it! Guiding holding up (just about) for 10 minute subs so not too shabby. Cannock sounds a good location although have been warned in the past about some unsociable activities/people around the Chase at night.

I've heard that, people you wouldn't wanna bump into while out observing!

I've literally just read this as well, doh! :BangHead:

Managed to crack the scope out last night for a few hours, bit of a wind but when your using a dob you can't use that as an excuse ;)

First time I have managed to get out this year in fact so was great...finally got to use my new UHC Filter, Orion Nebula looked amazing, if a little low in the sky when I viewed it + next door neighbour thought it would be a great idea to go out and leave most of her lights on. I'm sure it would look even better under dark skies.

Also managed to tease out a very faint Crab Nebula which was nearly overhead before I went in...with averted vision there was def something there! :)

bit of a wind but when your using a dob you can't use that as an excuse ;)

You can when it's a 1.6m f/l 14" in a solid tube - it does not play ball in a wind! I guess I should count myself lucky I couldn't get out :sad:

Anyone up for tonight forcast clear but windy Wed 6th Feb to look at and pick the best location on Cannock chase, had a visit with the head ranger and he suggested about 10 car parks to look at, with a view to getting it on the Darkskydiscovery web site?

PM me for details, I will be on the chase about 7:30 tonight if it remains clear.

I was on the chase last night it was really clear, still cannot find M82 or M81 would really like to meet up next time you head there, I know a few good spots as I ride my mountain bike up there a fair bit.

Archived