Narrowband

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry you cant make it SpaceTrace but clear skies to you in Sheffield. Goatsmilk and myself are going for an 20.30 till late session. Anyone else?

OK

typica 1st time in ages clear skys and im mountless!!!! but i get new one next sat so will def see you next clear skies

Hi all.

Stuart (Mr GoatsMilk) and myself managed to get out last night and do a spot of observing. The skies weren't ideal with 30-60% cloud cover for most of the night with a slight mist/haze high up in the atmos. However, with a flask of tea and a couple of Red Bulls we did manage to use our scopes and have a bit of fun. DSO's were out of the question so we turned our attentions to what was easily available. We managed to look at the Moon, Mars and a few stars and star fields with M42 thrown in for good measure. It was a pretty good start to our little local observing sessions which was rewarded with the showpiece of the night ------Saturn. What a stunning planet.

Eventually, cloud spread thick and fast and at about 12.30 we just had to give up. Shame really.

Unfortunately though, I am sorry that a couple of folk couldn't make it so lets hope for another clear weekend where we can all get together and have some fun.

Clear skies

OK

Hi all.

Stuart (Mr GoatsMilk) and myself managed to get out last night and do a spot of observing. The skies weren't ideal with 30-60% cloud cover for most of the night with a slight mist/haze high up in the atmos. However, with a flask of tea and a couple of Red Bulls we did manage to use our scopes and have a bit of fun. DSO's were out of the question so we turned our attentions to what was easily available. We managed to look at the Moon, Mars and a few stars and star fields with M42 thrown in for good measure. It was a pretty good start to our little local observing sessions which was rewarded with the showpiece of the night ------Saturn. What a stunning planet.

Eventually, cloud spread thick and fast and at about 12.30 we just had to give up. Shame really.

Unfortunately though, I am sorry that a couple of folk couldn't make it so lets hope for another clear weekend where we can all get together and have some fun.

Clear skies

OK

Glad you had fun im still praying for clear skies next sat!!!

Glad you had a good night :evil6: hoping to get there soon!

I had an early evening session at home tonight, as I'm in work early tomorrow - lucky I did, as the clouds rolled in when they weren't supposed to! Lots of moisture in the air and around 50% cloud from the start, but clear enough for a few targets, and more to the point, to try out that XW30. Haven't got time for a full write-up now, just to say that it was very very nice indeed :eek: can't wait to try it out on a nice dark sky!

Hope next weekend is good for you folks, and fingers crossed for the week after for me to join you there :D

Hi Vince66.

Good to see you have your scope back in working order. during the week we will be looking at what the possible weather might be on Saturday night and if promising, then we post on the forum or pm to individuals who are interested in coming along and having a bit of fun with their scopes. If you would like to pm your details to Steve-bham, Wulfrunian or myself, we would be happy to forward details of where we are currently observing. Just watch this space. :eek:

OK

Archived