Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m42 finaly

astrokat

finaly got to image m42 with out any trees in the way ive been waiting ages for this im happy for a first go ive got 2 hours in 3 min subs and 40 min in 15 sec and loads of bias and flats all iso 800 processed in ps with a bit of noels actions any adive on inprovements is always welcome

thanks for looking

hope you like it

toby

[ATTACH]32434[/ATTACH]

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colour is looking much better.;)

Hope you don't mind I had a look at the histogram of your last process and the data is still clipped, much less blue clipping but still clipped, as is the red and green ( more so the green)

I had a quick play with the colour using levels and curves in photoshop.

In the image below, the top half is the image and it's histogram after I had a quick play. Although the histogram no longer looks clipped the feint data has already been lost (clipped) as you can see in the histogram of the original image (bottom half of the image) the data has been cut short on the left side of the histogram which is the black end of the histogram.

if you go back to the raw data and avoid any clipping, the colour should come right and you won't have to push the red so hard to reveal the faint Red data.

Please don't take this as criticism, you have a great image as is just seems a shame to lose hard earned faint data.

Mike.

post-13376-133877426479_thumb.jpg

thank you guys im gonna sit down in the morning and reprocess i know what i did i moved the grey point to get rid of the odd cast over the image also adjusted the colours in curves due to i thought it was a bit green never mind il have another go

how do i get the histagram to go rgb aswell as just a black one

thanks toby

how do i get the histagram to go rgb aswell as just a black one

thanks toby

Toby, in the histogram window open the "channel:" drop down menu and select colours , you can also go to the top right corner of the histogram window and click on the three parallel lines which will open another window menu here select "all channels View" and "show channels in colour" then you will have the RGB histograms overlapped and below that each of the "RED", "GREEN" and BLUE histograms on there own.

Hope that helps.

post-13376-133877426495_thumb.jpg

Archived