Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Nexstar Goto Speed

I have a quick question for anyone using a Celestron mount with the Nexstar system. Is it possible to reduce the goto speed? Though I have had no problem with adjusting the rate at which the mount moves when the direction buttons are used the rate adjustment does not seem to affect goto speeds.

I've had a look through the manual but either I've missed it or the option isn't there. Much though I enjoy seeing the mount sprint off to it's next location the noise is going to draw complaints from the neighbours at some point!

Tim.

I don't know if this is going to help and I may be wrong but I think there is a distinct possibility of changing slew rates with the Skywatcher az goto mount. The reason I say this is due to something I found in the skywatchers pdf manual http://www.skywatchertelescope.net/swtsupport/Instruction_Manuals/GT020609V3-03.05.pdf . If you look at page 20 there`s info on sending commands directly through rs232. I'm aware that this might not help but I am led to believe that the Nexstar and Skywatcher are slightly related in some way.

My apologies if this turns out to be a white elephant !!!

Regards

Brett

Archived