SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81*new data added*

MikeD

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely touch on processing the dynamic range. Top notch all round. Does anyone know what the outlying bright patch is? I thought I had a bad flat when I first saw it on my own image. Is it a fragment of extended spiral arm or an outlying dwarf satellite of some kind?

Olly

Thanks guys for all the very kind comments.

I grabed another 17 @ 5 mins last night conditions were a bit foggy.

So the image is now 5hours 45 mins on the L.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture4224-m81-69xxweb.jpg

I think I have pushed the data too hard on this process but I can have another go at the processing after I get the Ha and colour.

Mike.

Thanks Martin, it's the Dwarf galaxy Holmberg IX.

Not sure when I am going to get the colour, I have finaly just ordered the EQ6 pro upgrade so it all depends on how that goes and how quickly I can get my head around EQmod.

Mike.

Thanks Martin, it's the Dwarf galaxy Holmberg IX.

Not sure when I am going to get the colour, I have finaly just ordered the EQ6 pro upgrade so it all depends on how that goes and how quickly I can get my head around EQmod.

Mike.

Looking at this pic I think you've wasted your money Mike. I think the next upgrade needs to be a robotic observatory in the Atacama desert

Archived