Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Runcorn, Cheshire

Hitchhiker

Hi Mr & Mrs Hitchhiker, welcome to SGL. :) Being only a newbe myself, i would have to admit that I'm not really qualified to advise you on a scope....but, would you consider going to one of the large star parties? There you could browse and look through the scopes of countless astromers, eager to help i n any way possible.

cheers, and good luck

bob :(

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hitch,

Been thinking. Dangerous.

I would suggest for the scope and mount you use at home it may be an idea to pier mount it. That way the damn tripod legs don't get in the way of the chair and you won't knock it out of alignment when using the camera.

Also if Mrs. Hitch has Arthritus, does it effect her back / hips? Maybe an adjustable ironing chair to sit and view. Also some reusable hand warmers. Only a couple of quid.

If you're taking a scope out on the trike, and if it's like other trikes I've seen with reasonably stiff suspension, get a well padded box or you'll end up with a scope in bits.

Hope that helps a bit.

Dave.

Archived