Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Space Bat

Which image processing software?

Many types of image processing tools (ImageJ and MatLab for certain) allow you to automatically log your session (including interactive menu stuff). You can readily save a series of actions as a plugin if you like. This is a really neat facility.

PixInsight has a history log as well - but I am at the newb end of the learning tree....

I have had more luck with imageJ so I think that will supplement quite well with PI if I do purchase it ;)

I have access to a 22,656 core, 2.3GHz, 45.3 terabyte, 208 Teraflops machine but you don't see ME bragging about it. ;-)

That would be the Hector Cray XT4 at Edinburgh? Coded for it already?

Does it run Crysis?? ;)

Edited by michael.h.f.wilkinson

mind you, another guy here has an account on Jaguar (224162 cores, 2331 TeraFlops)...

For me, Maxim DL4 for capture and stacking, filter wheel control, integration with focusmax etc, Registar for registering different image scales and CS2 for the rest, with Neatimage, Gradient Xterminator, focusmagic and Noels' starspikespro as plugins.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Chris

If you look to the right you will see a scroll bar , this will get you to the top of your process box !

Harry

I have access to a 22,656 core, 2.3GHz, 45.3 terabyte, 208 Teraflops machine but you don't see ME bragging about it. ;-)

Ok, ok! I surrender!;):D

David

Hi I've just brought Photoshop cs3 exstended for one hundred pound off e bay and think it's fantastic finally getting the results I craved

if your still looking for software I'd check e bay