Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fed Up

Kain

Is anyone else felt ip of this constant cloud? My scope aint moved for 3 weeks or so now, it's starting to gather dust!!

Feels like ages now since seeing anything, and I hate to say it, I'm starting to loose interest abit now...

Just wondered what you guys do to keep you interested while the clods are being a pain in the backside?

Kain

3 weeks is nothing , i went 21 weeks early on this year ,and felt really bad about it all, done a bit of re-editing on old images , and gota bit more involved on here with the Blog section , kept me going , but now i just take it as it comes , its a hobby after all and lots of other jobs need to be done around the house , so when its clear i make the best of it , hang in there Kain , it will soon be clear again ,

Rog

Thanks for the boost guys..

Just a pain in the Bottom abit. Still I guess I will carry on with my other hobby, painting Lord Of The RIngs Games Workshop figures!

Sadly I have no images to process lol! I did notice a few nights ago, I was comming back from a wedding and noticed M45 was just above the horzion! Winter is on it's way slowly!

Kain

Unfortunatly cloud is one thing that goes hand in hand with telescopes. At the beginning of this year i think i used my telescope twice in 3 months.

Thats one reason grab and go scopes are so good, it only takes 30 seconds to setup and if the clouds roll in you dont mind so much because you've only wasted 30 seconds packing up.

Know how you feel. Last Winter/Spring were pretty awful. And now it seems just as the nights become dark again we are back to cloudy skies.

I normally buy'n'sell kit to pass the time. But even that loses it's appeal after a while.

I find it harder than most because I have absolutely no interest in the theory side of Astronomy.....yawn yawn!

Purely practical, which means getting out.

Lets hope it's not all doom and gloom like last year. Or else bird watching it is!!!!

Russ

I try my best to gather up some interest in the theory side but it just doesn't happen.

Even my daytime job of road construction seems more appealing :?

Mr. Sheen works a treat

good tip.....give that a try on the ED100 tonight. I'll get the brillo pad on it first to remove that nasty coloured stuff on the lens :laugh:

Russ

sit back and think about what you could have done with last time you were out. Then figure out how to make it. Then go play!

Arthur

Basically, that's what I do. I get so many "if I'd done" moments that I have months of stuff to do when the clouds go away, then when they do go away I do the same as last time and mess it up again. Still like doing it though. One day I'll grow up and listen to what I tell myself I ought to be doing, and that day I'll get a good image.

Until then I'll just enjoy doing it wrong.

Captain Chaos

Archived