SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Darlington

darlingtonskies

Hey all

Some may have saw me on some posts but thought it would be nice to say hi in a post.

I have had telescope for month and only two nights availability seen mars and Saturn. still finding my polar alignment hard as my sky watcher 130m does not spin all way round and clicks once in while.

Next thing to see is Pleiades's.

Anybody else from Darlington.

Once again hi everyone

;)

:)

Hi DS

A warm welcome to SGL

Polar alignment isn't critical for observing so don't take too much time on it and let it take away the enjoymnet. If you can see Polaris somewhere in a medium mag eyepiece, that should suffice to begin with. Once you feel more comfortable with your scope, then try and get it a little more accurate

HTH

Steve

i got polaris at 215 mag but when i move the scope it gets stuck so have to move mount to get to the planets. i think im gonna take it all apart and reset it up as it has travelled 250 miles from london to darlington as only just moved so if it still gets stuck think i need to get it checked out. basically when i spin the wheel to get turn left and right it gets stuck and the moves the whole scope and balancer. any help with this?

Archived