Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The New Skywatcher F5 Coma Corrector Review

Deneb

Greetings guys!

Beforehand - i'm sorry for my terrible english, i don't study it in school.

But at least i hope you'll understand what i'm tryin' to ask. :)

Almost 2 months i've read russian astro forums and collecting and compiling info.

Now i've buyed SW 200\1000 PDS Explorer, SW EQ6 ProSynScan, Meade HD-60 4.5 eyepiece.

Now i'm searching for cheap, but working coma cor. And as you already understand now i choose between SW CC and Baader MPCC.

As i see from first images MPCC works better, because images taken with SW CC shows big aspheric distorsion. At least it's "heavier" than with MPCC.

And now i don't know what to buy, there's not much rewievs of SW CC...

What can you advice?

PS. I can buy MPCC for about 120$ and SW CC for 110$.

Edited by Dimon Hell

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if I know what im talking about because im pretty new to ap. But I think the reason why the sw goes to the focuser is because on my 200p you can't reach focus with a dslr unless you take the ep holder off and screw the camera direct to the focuser. With no ep holder there is nothing to take the other type. Without modding the scope of course. I think thats what sw are trying to fix. Thats why its also a .9 focal reducer. Or is all ive said rubbish?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

I'm looking into buying the skywatcher coma corrector as I dont have the budget to buy a top end coma corrector at the moment I have a skywatcher explorer 200pds Newtonian is the skywatcher coma corrector any good and does the spacing need changed with different eyepieces I use me 27mm panoptics most is this recommended coma corrector for visual use on f5?.