Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More Mars images - 31st January

james335k

Hi everyone. Just had a session with the C8 and DMK combo imaging Mars. Seeing was above average with alot of surface detail visible through my 8mm eyepiece. Taken at f20 using a televue x2 barlow paired to my beloved DMK21AU04 camera and Astrnomik RGB filter set. the images were then enlarged by 10-20% in Photoshop. I'm very happy with these two. My best Mars images to date. :)

4319998929_2a71db1e3d_o.jpg

4320885214_f970a8ff27_o.jpg

Great detail, but one is yellow (a problem I have with one of my sets from last night, I've yet to process the others) and the other seems spot on colour wise. Did you used different exposures for the second to the first, or tweak it in PS/your fave editor?

PS. If you are imaging with the barlow before the filter set, you're getting more like F/30. Measure the image produced with/without a barlow and you should see that the image is near 3x the diameter of the non barlowed one. I think this is due to the filter acting like an extension tube and so multiplying the image further.

Archived