Narrowband

Rosette

HotBlack

Hi Guys,

This is my latest image, taken over two nights 17th and 30th Jan, in 18 four minute subs, so there is 72 minutes of exposure. Taken with the modified Canon EOS300D through my WO 80II FD, piggybacked on the LX200. Unguided.

Stacked with Deep Sky Stacker and processed in Photoshop CS3.

Hope you like it, I do!

:)

Chris

post-13341-133877424158_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments all.

Very nice. Good colour. Tight stars for unguided! Bit of uneven background illumination - may have needed to take some flats. Apart from that good detail.

Flats were taken, but on 2nd evening the camera took jpeg's instead of Raws, so DSS wouldn't use them. Note to self "need to pay more attention".

That's a very nice image especially given it is unguided on an LX200. You obviously had a very good polar alignment. Is it on a permanent mount?

The LX200 is permanently equatorially mounted on a pier and AE Megawedge. I spent considerable time getting it accurately polar aligned.

Thanks again guys.

Chris

very nice image,

how long were the subs?

and have you adjusted the drive speed on the mont to improve the tracking? to get such good unguided results?

i would love to be able to get that level of performance out of the LX200 at the uni

cheers ally

very nice image,

how long were the subs?

and have you adjusted the drive speed on the mont to improve the tracking? to get such good unguided results?

Ally,

Subs were 240 seconds each.

Mount is as I bought it, which was second hand two years ago. I had a tracking fault about this time last year (the cold affects it) and I took it to Telescope House for a repair and clean up. I have to hand it to them it came back better than before it went wrong. I've had the same issue this year but it has corrected itself (after I applied some warmth using a vivarium heating cable wrapped around the casing).

Chris

hmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm

last night i used the uni's 16'' LX200

dec motor encoder got stuck so it drove till the power was stopped!

fixed that with regular hits to the motor area...

counter balance was off when we had the guide scope, on so roped a scope to balance it out at the front !!!

then the guider looked to be moving relative to the main one, so a tissue box half crusher provided a second point of contact to the scope and we taped it down to help stop the motion.

however it still trailed in the guided images a problem which lead to us giving up at 3am after 5 hours of problems.

you got a good one never let it go !

Archived