Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another Mars (sorry!)

Helen

Here's my first go at Mars with the C11. Visually all over the place, but pleased to get detail with the DMK21.

C11 at f10, DMK21 mono, stacked in Regi4, 193 from 1217 frames, wavelets and that's it

Off to find my powermate to see if I can push it further! (although my tracking isn't too good yet so might be short lived experiment!)

Helen

post-13020-133877424088_thumb.jpg

Small, but detail is obvious Helen.

No need to apologise, mars is rarely as close as this, so it is going to get it's Fotee taken a lot more.

Perhaps you should consider a 2.5x Powermate for the C11, That would give a larger Image scale. They aren't cheap though, but there's Saturn and Jupiter to consider.:)

Ron.

Thanks everyone! All the ones with the powermate were soft, and even aggresive wavelets didn't bring anything out :) We did get a lot of high cloud and moisture last night as the night went on, which wasn't really apparent until the moon came into view for me - complete with multi-coloured halo (very pretty!). I also think the scope needs collimating (its been through a lot of moving around since it was last done).

Helen

Archived