SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First shots of Saturn & Mars!!

jah79

Canon EOS 350D on my Sky-Watcher 150PL @ prime focus.

They were quite low on the horizon, would that explain the fuzziness or is that just the fact you can't properly focus thru an SLR in a rack & pinion focuser or the fast shutter speeds?

Canon EOS 350D on my Sky-Watcher 150PL @ prime focus.

They were quite low on the horizon, would that explain the fuzziness or is that just the fact you can't properly focus thru an SLR in a rack & pinion focuser or the fast shutter speeds?

Lower in the horizon means more air to image thru, so that can contribute.

I find focusing the most difficult part of imaging, but there are some aids, like a Batinov-mask. Such a device helps focusing. Your focuser is probably fine...

I think the 350D supports mirror lock-up, which I can recommend for single shots, that pluss a remote shutter of some sort. This reduces shaking.

If EOS movie recorder works with you camera (SourceForge.net: EOS Camera Movie Record - Project Web Hosting - Open Source Software), you can give that a shot. Stack the clips in registax.

For processing these images, try 'curves' and 'levels' in PS or Gimp...

Archived