Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ursa Minor EQ-3 Autoguider port

Lasse

Hi Cornelius

I got the impression that this device is converting the signals from the ST4 compatible autoguider directly to the stepper motors. There are no other input beside the autoguider port. It does not say anything in the description on other sites (TS in Germany) that a computer is needed.

regards

Lasse

No, the modification only adds the ST4 guide port to the HC. You still need an autoguider and software on a laptop connected up to the HC. This is the same modification as the shoestring astronomy conversion.

The TS site translation into English says that a ST4 guide port is added to the HC, there is no mention or implied that a computer is no longer required.

Peter

Hi

I just got this reply from Teleskop-Austria. First my email question to them, and further down the reply from Teleskop-Austria:

Regards

Lasse

---------------My email---------------------------------------

Hi

I have a question regarding the EQ3/EQ5 Handbox mit Autoguider Eingang. Does this work without a computer?

Reading the description, it seems like the handbox can work without a computer in the same way as the HEQ5 and EQ6 that has a autoguider port for a stand alone autoguider like the LVI that connects directly to the autoguider port without using a computer.

Appreciate all information

Kind regards

Lasse Lindh

Sweden

------------Reply from Teleskop-Austria------------------------

Dear Lasse!

Yes of course, it is a standard Autoguider-Input for EQ3 or EQ5 Handcontrol (but not Goto!).

It fit to LVI and also to our MGEN Stand Alone Autoguider:

Teleskop - Mikroskop (WIEN:Operngasse 23 - - - LINZ:Kapuzinerstr.1.)

Best regards:

Lajos Szantho

Archived